Scottish Golf invite applications for the role of Volunteer Team Chaperone.
Overview of the Role
Scottish Golf is seeking applications for the role of Volunteer Team Chaperone to support the Performance Programme in 2018. The Voluntary role will involve accompanying Scottish Golf coaches and teams to National/International events. These events could be Men’s/Women’s/Boys’/Girls’ and could take place in the UK or overseas. The number of trips and commitment will depend on the individual’s availability throughout the year and will be agreed with the Performance Director. Please note this is a non-remunerated position; travel, accommodation and subsistence costs will be covered on an event by event basis in conjunction with the arrangements made for the relevant trip.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee the travel process ensuring teams and individuals arrive on time for scheduled flights/transfers
- On occasion be prepared to drive a mini bus or hire car
- Attend relevant Captain’s meeting at events and feedback information to Coaches/Players
- Coordinate Meals during the tournament week
- When required act as the Team advisor to players on the course (this role varies for each tournament)
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge and understanding of Performance sport, in particular golf
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively with players, parents, coaches and tournament officials.
- Understanding of Scottish Golf’s Child Protection policy and be willing attend a Safeguarding and protecting children workshop
- First Aid trained (not essential)
- Experience of looking after groups/teams
- Sound understanding of the Scottish Golf Performance Programme and its aims and objectives.
Qualities and Attributes
- Displays leadership qualities
- Is an effective decision maker and problem solver
- Has a positive outlook and is able to motivate teams and individuals
- Works well on own initiative
If you are interested in putting your name forward or would like further information on the role please contact Clare Queen by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07812 665161.
Please note applicants must be 18 years and over.